Many of you who read this blog may know that I am an Interior Designer by day. It is an interesting job and very involving, but also richly satisfying. I am employed by a company called Image 360 designs, at the risk of sounding cocky, I shall say it, we do great stuff. Recently, my photography finally met design when the boss asked me to do some shots, actually, I insisted to. I don’t regret it at all.
This is just a small showcase of designs we have done that I have shot. More shall come soon. This opened my foray into Interior design shooting.
For the photographer’s, you know how hard it is to do Interior Design shots because of the varying light in the room. The windows bring in a harsh light but the corners are extremely dark so what to do.
1. You can shoot using strobes to illuminate the dark areas and even out the light.
2. I don’t have any strobes so I had to use bracketed shots. Shot 3 exposures from -2, 0, +2 and merged them as HDR on photomatix pro but chose very subtle settings so as to leave them looking natural. That was the final photo has all ranges well exposed for the very dark & very bright areas
Unfortunately I had to remove the photos that were previously here due to client requests. What can a man do? I am sorry for that. The future though, is full of opportunity so watch this space, more is definitely coming.
- Hand Interior Design (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Decorate a House Alone or Hire an Interior Designer? (interiordecorating.suite101.com)
- The interior design style of dictators (kottke.org)